Nassib invited to play in 2013 Senior Bowl

Andrew Renneisen | Staff Photographer

Ryan Nassib has been invited to play in the 2013 Senior Bowl after a record-breaking season at Syracuse. The game is on Jan. 26 at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala.

After a record-breaking season as Syracuse’s quarterback, Ryan Nassib has been invited to the 2013 Senior Bowl.

The game, which will take place on Jan. 26 at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Ala., is a showcase of the top seniors in college football. Nassib, who’s projected to go in the early rounds of the NFL Draft in April, will be playing against some of the premier players he’ll be seeing at the next level of football.

The North and South teams are coached the by the full coaching staffs of two NFL teams.

Nassib is the 52nd player from Syracuse to play in the Senior Bowl. Other Orange quarterbacks who played in the game are Donovan McNabb, Marvin Graves and Don McPherson.

Nassib has SU’s single-season record for passing yards with 3,749, and the career record for passing yards with 9,190. He also has the single-season record for completions with 294, and the career record for completions with 791.

His 26 touchdown passes in 2012 and 3,891 yards of total offense were also Syracuse single-season records.

Nassib led the Big East with 288.4 yards per game, and that was also good for 17th in the nation.