Chipotle Mexican Grill re-opens after water pipe bursts

Less than 24 hours after a water pipe burst in the store above it, Chipotle Mexican Grill is back open.

A manager for the restaurant, located at 129 Marshall St., said Chipotle re-opened at about 4 p.m. Thursday. He declined to provide any more details, citing corporate policy, just stating there were some “issues” the restaurant needed to address.

Temperatures near zero degrees caused a pipe at Tony Christopher Hair Design to burst at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.

A sign on Chipotle’s door earlier Thursday said, “Don’t Panic: Due to an equipment issue, we are unable to open at this time. Order should be restored to the universe in the very near future.”

Charlie Hatem, who owns King David’s Restaurant and the building Tony Christopher Hair Design and Chipotle are located in, said early Thursday there wasn’t any damage and he expected the store to re-open quickly.

Lourawls 'Tum Tum' Nairn draws inspiration from roots, mother with Michigan State

On Friday at 10:07 p.m., when seventh-seeded Michigan State takes on No. 3 seed Oklahoma in the Carrier Dome, the point guard’s unexpected path to prominence on college basketball’s biggest stage will continue. The freshman entered MSU’s starting lineup for good in early February, which might be one of the lesser surprising things that have happened in his life. Read more »