Syracuse Mayor Miner, mayor of Morgantown wager over Pinstripe Bowl matchup

Syracuse Mayor Stephanie Miner will wear a West Virginia Mountaineers shirt for an entire work day if Syracuse does not defeat its old rival in the Pinstripe Bowl Saturday. She will also send along a case of Syracuse Pale Ale beer to Morgantown, W.Va. Mayor Jim Manilla.

But if the Orange do pull out the victory, look for West Virginia’s Mountaineer mascot to sport an Otto the Orange winter hat in a WVU game next year.

Mayors Miner and Manilla put forth their wagers on the game in a video posted to the Pinstripe Bowl’s official website. Syracuse and West Virginia play Saturday at 3:15 p.m. in Yankee Stadium.

In the video, both mayors are accompanied by their schools’ mascots. Miner, who said she is a “private” in Otto’s Army, delivered her message from the top of the stands in the Carrier Dome. Her props — a Syracuse Pale Ale tap handle and the SU winter hat — are pulled out from inside Otto.

If Syracuse wins, Manilla will send Miner a dozen pepperoni rolls from Colasessano’s Pizza and Pepperoni Rolls in Morgantown. In case you didn’t know  and no one will blame you — a pepperoni roll is simply pepperoni baked inside some type of bread. It was invented in West Virginia in 1927, Manilla said, and was a popular lunchtime snack with coal miners.

Here’s the video clip of the mayor’s wagers: