Former media director for SU athletics under investigation by SPD, district attorney’s office

Police and the district attorney’s office are investigating the former media director for the Syracuse University athletic department, The Post-Standard reported on Wednesday.

Roger Springfield, former media director for the SU athletic department and a former local sportscaster, is no longer an SU employee, said Kevin Quinn, senior vice president for public affairs, in an email. Springfield is no longer listed in the Syracuse University Directory System.

Springfield is under investigation by the Syracuse Police Department and the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office, The Post-Standard reported.

The district attorney’s office and SPD could not immediately be reached for comment.

District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said in the article the investigation started after SU officials contacted law enforcement officials but declined to discuss the investigation further.

James McGraw, Springfield’s lawyer, said in the article he couldn’t discuss what the investigation involved.

McGraw said he didn’t think the allegations would result in criminal charges being filed against Springfield, The Post-Standard reported. McGraw could not be immediately reached for further comment.

Lourawls 'Tum Tum' Nairn draws inspiration from roots, mother with Michigan State

On Friday at 10:07 p.m., when seventh-seeded Michigan State takes on No. 3 seed Oklahoma in the Carrier Dome, the point guard’s unexpected path to prominence on college basketball’s biggest stage will continue. The freshman entered MSU’s starting lineup for good in early February, which might be one of the lesser surprising things that have happened in his life. Read more »