Syracuse signs 4 to National Letters of Intent; recruiting class ranked No. 10 by Collegiate Girls Basketball Report

For the second straight season, Syracuse has landed a top-10 recruiting class.

With the signings of four-star recruits Tasia Butler, Briana Day and Alexis Peterson and Day’s twin and three-star recruit Bria Day to National Letters of Intent Tuesday, the Orange has a recruiting class ranked No. 10 by Collegiate Girls Basketball Report. Blue Star Basketball Report also ranks SU’s class No. 12.

ESPN HoopGurlz has yet to release its class rankings, but Butler, Peterson and Briana Day are all in its top 100 player rankings. Syracuse was ranked No. 6 in last year’s.

“Signing another top 10 class adds to our already deep team,” head coach Quentin Hillsman said in a press release. “Losing a strong senior class after this season, we needed to add size and athleticism to our roster, and I believe we have done that with the class we have signed.”

A 6-foot-1 guard, Butler is the sister of current SU guard Tiara Butler and is ranked No. 73 in the country and No. 12 at her position.

The Day sisters each check in at 6-foot-4. Briana is ranked No. 57 in the country and No. 15 among forwards. Bria is ranked No. 36 at the position.

Peterson is a 5-foot-6 guard ranked No. 92 overall and No. 26 at her position.

Hillsman likes to utilize a 10- or 11-player rotation. Elashier Hall, Kayla Alexander and Carmen Tyson-Thomas all graduate after this season, leaving room for Butler, Peterson and the Days to slide right into the rotation.

“It’s good to have players coming,” Hillsman said during a media opportunity Tuesday. “Obviously losing Kayla, Lacie and Carmen, just those three alone are going to be big blows to our program. Obviously, you have to just continue to recruit at a high level, and obviously going into another great conference we have to be ready to play at a high level every night.”