Syracuse cornerback Reddish’s status for Minnesota game uncertain

Syracuse sophomore cornerback Brandon Reddish suffered a lower-body injury in the Orange’s game against Stony Brook and his status is uncertain for this weekend’s game at Minnesota, head coach Doug Marrone said Thursday.

Reddish, who typically covers the opponent’s top wide receiver, has not participated in the team’s practices this week.

Apparently, the injury ended up being worse than the team thought it was last Saturday. Marrone said Thursday he’s not sure if Reddish will be able to play against the Gophers.

“Initially, we thought he’d be OK, and right now, we’re just trying to get him to the game day-to-day,” Marrone said. “I can’t sit here and say he’s definitely out.”

Reddish has been credited with 11 tackles through the Orange’s three games this season, with six of them solo. If Reddish has to sit out, then Keon Lyn would likely start in his place.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »