Parts of E. Raynor Avenue to close next week

E. Raynor Avenue will be closed from Irving Avenue to Stadium Place, starting Monday and ending Friday evening, according to an SU news alert email sent to students Thursday.

The portion of the street will be closed all day Monday through Thursday and will reopen at 6 p.m. Friday, according to the email.

Flaggers and detour signs will be used to redirect drivers. Local traffic, meaning Syracuse University, State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry and the Carrier Dome, will have access to Forestry Drive by way of Irving Avenue, according to the email.

The Connective Corridor will not have access to Henry Street. Any riders who usually get on at Henry Street must walk to the Irving Avenue bus stop. Two temporary bus stops will be placed on Irving Avenue: adjacent to the Carrier Dome and at the intersection of Van Buren Street, according to the email.

The closure will prevent the Quad Shuttle from stopping at the Irving Avenue Garage, so it is suggested that those looking for parking use the Stadium Lot, according to the email.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »