Lemon will play for Syracuse against USC

Syracuse wide receiver Alec Lemon will return from a lower-body injury to play against Southern California on Saturday. The senior was limited throughout preseason camp by the injury and missed SU’s opener against Northwestern last week.

SU head coach Doug Marrone announced on Facebook Friday that Lemon would play after he worked out with quarterback Ryan Nassib at the team’s walk-through in the morning. He set a single-season program record for receptions in 2011 with 68, and he’ll give Nassib another reliable target when the Orange takes on the No. 2 Trojans at 3:30 p.m. at MetLife Stadium on Saturday.

Without Lemon against the Wildcats last week, Nassib enjoyed a record-setting day, spreading the ball around to nine receivers. Marcus Sales led SU in receiving with 11 catches for 117 yards and a touchdown.

Comments

University Politics

University Senate approves degree completion support plan for students affected by immigration policies

The resolution passed on Wednesday states that if students affected by immigration policies complete 75 percent or more of the credits and requirements for their respective degrees, there would be “maximum opportunity” extended to facilitate completion of their degree program with Syracuse University credits. Read more »